Sunday, October 2, 2022

It wasn’t long before the island was secured

 Page 14.

It wasn’t long before the island was secured by our troops and the gold in the cave was returned to it’s rightful owners but it took a surprise attack by the Japanese on Pearl Harbor and four more years of death and destruction in Europe and Africa before it was all over but I’m getting ahead of myself. For me it ended when the Marines landed and before I knew it I was walking the streets of Scotland again but this time Smokey, Brian and Mr. Roberts were by my side as I lead them to the Grey House and they ordered four pints of the houses finest dark ale and for me a kidney pie with bacon all to myself. Mr. McCain could barely contain himself when he rang up the Jameson farm and invited the family to a reunion of sorts telling John there was someone here he needed to see. And when they arrived the tears and the joy and the wonder of it all was retold by those brave men not forgetting the ones who lost their lives on my journey that all started on that faithful day while searching for my best friend.

The end

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Frances O'Brien was an ambitious

 A dog named Scout Page 1. Mary Frances O'Brien was an ambitious High School senior with a bright future and a desire to succeed. She wa...