Friday, August 5, 2022

Bigfoot's kick up their kneels?

Bigfoot's kick up their kneels? It was late, cold and dark when I received a call to meet with the Sheriffs Department in Pescadero regarding a skunk in a vehicle? I knew the place, a Diner, Grocery & Bar located off of Stage Rd. and it was Friday night and a favorite spot for the locals. Now if you ever drive down the coast and look up into those hills, well there's some strange stuff up there? and every so often you'll come face to face with that strangeness. As I arrived on the scene I met with the deputy who pointed out three hairy creatures wearing overalls and bare foot looking inside the opened hood of a rusty ford pick up truck. The deputy mentioned these three Neanderthal's were kicked out of the bar when one tried to pick up a beer mug with his toes. To make matters worse the drink wasn't his and this was after several failed attempt's to eat nachos that also weren't his in he same manner. Now I'm all for a good time and I've had my share of alcohol fueled moments so I walked over to the three bearded beasts to access the situation, and since were on the subject let's just call them Bigfoot, Sasquatch and Yeti. Believe it or not Bigfoot and Sasquatch could of passed for doubles but Yeti was the tallest with a tattoo of what looked like a beaver on his bicep? The deputy shined his flashlight into the engine compartment and sure enough where was a skunk curled up and snoozing. These situation's weren't new to me so I suggested to the three to leave the animal alone and it would eventually leave on it's own accord. This was not the correct response for Bigfoot who slurred out, "You ain't leaving till that skunk is gone". Both Sasquatch and Yeti shook their heads in agreement and started to grunt. I think if they had a large bone of some sort these two would have thrown it in the air? The Sheriff's Deputy was far less than patient with my furry friends and laid the law out on the line, "Look you three", he said, "I've dealt with you guys before, your all drunk and you can't drive anyway so take the Officer's suggestion or go to jail for drunk and disorderly".  Bigfoot's jaw began to tighten and gave me the look of snake eye's even though his were somewhat crossed possibly from drinking or maybe not? Yeti helped Sasquatch over to the back of the truck and lowered the tailgate. "Careful", I said, "you don't want to disturb the skunk unless you want your engine sprayed". "Alright", replied Bigfoot, " I called my sister to pick us up and she should be here any minute". The Deputy asked me if I could stand by for just a few until the sister arrived and mentioned, " I hope she hasn't been drinking too"? At that moment just a short distance down the road appeared two dim headlights and as it got nearer it was clearly a tractor. Operating this front loading John Deere was a gal no bigger than a corn muffin . Wearing a Indy raceway cap turned sideways she barreled towards us and came to a stop kicking up a lot of dust. "I'm getting tired of this Mitchell", pointing at Bigfoot'. He lowered his head and replied, " Well, we're in a predicament beyond our control". Sis sure was dressed for the occasion decked out in  a homemade purple shirt that read, "Got any lately" with a arrow pointing toward something that looked like a cow or maybe a pig, I couldn"t tell and either could the deputy. The deputy raised his eyebrows and said to me, " I wonder if that outfit comes with matching shoes"? After convincing the deputy she was alright to drive Sis yelled out," Let's go, I got pigs to feed", as she lowered the front loader that appeared to be steaming with fresh steer manure? All three climbed aboard disappearing down the roadway and into the night and with all this commotion my sleeping skunk climbed out from under the trunk and headed straight for the dumpster located behind the Diner for possibly a nightcap.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Frances O'Brien was an ambitious

 A dog named Scout Page 1. Mary Frances O'Brien was an ambitious High School senior with a bright future and a desire to succeed. She wa...