Thursday, August 4, 2022

Dog owner turned Dog napper?

Dog owner turned Dog napper? I was working the Coast that day and was accompanied by my then ex-wife as a ride-a-long.  She was tall, bright and model slender and even won first place at the Miss Legs contest featured at the San Mateo County Fair one year. But caged within those runway looks was a tigress and on two separate occasions her claws met my butt! Once while at a party I was merely chatting with a rather attractive hostess when I felt a slight tap on my shoulder? as I turned my charming wife buried a wicket right hook to my liver dropping me instantly. Yes, I was a little tipsy and No, I wasn't asking her out? The second time I saw stars ignited over a dispute which I'm still trying to remember but just know this she could hit and kick like a mule and possessed blinding speed! Anyway we eventually  divorced but depending who's side you were on she was good to have around? We ended up patrolling the streets of El Granada when the wife spotted a Labrador and a Husky cruising the neighborhood with no owners in sight. Stopping the truck I radioed my location and managed to leash the Husky while the Labrador ran for the hills. Just as I began to the load the dog into the vehicle a car slowly pulled up just behind me. I looked over to the wife who was busy doing her nails when suddenly a man's voice said, "I'll take that" as he grabbed the leash and dog from my hand. Instantly the car shot pass me as the driver threw my leash into the street. I watched him accelerate around the corner driving a dark blue convertible with the Husky by his side. I stood in disbelief and yelled to my wife, " did you see that", that guy just took the dog". My attentive wife sit clueless blowing on her nail to dry? " Didn't you just impound that dog"?, she said. I hopped into the truck and radioed County communications regarding what just transpired. I gave them all the information I had like make, model and color of the vehicle, description of the suspect and what direction he went. Within minutes both the San Mateo Sheriffs Department along with Half Moon Bay Police Department had the suspect in custody and requested my assistance. There was my dog napper draped over the hood of his car in cuffs and cussing like my charming ex-wife? who now jumped out of my truck and attempted to choke our detained law breaker. After the Officers on the scene managed to calm my lovely bride down and the suspect in question who turned blue due to a good choking delivered by my wife the Officers told me the dog belong to him. As the suspects color returned to normal and he could breath on his own again without assistance he started to scream, " get her away from me, take me to jail, that bitch is crazy"? I couldn't disagree with that and according to the Police my dog owner was a ex-felon and on probation. I impounded the animal and transported it back to the shelter where it was held under protective custody. No charges were never filed against my wife and according to my ex-felon's probation officer the incident turned this guy around. The ex-felon believing my wife worked at the shelter had his grandmother redeem his dog sometime later possibly to avoid another round of choking? I'll never forget my telephone conversation with his Probation Officer when he mentioned to me, "Larry, I think you wife choked his guy straight"?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mary Frances O'Brien was an ambitious

 A dog named Scout Page 1. Mary Frances O'Brien was an ambitious High School senior with a bright future and a desire to succeed. She wa...